DNP Nurse Anesthesia Application Process
The School of Nursing Online Application is available April 1st - October 31st in the CRNA Prospective Student Portal to those who have completed Steps 1 and 2 below and meet the minimum admission requirements.
STEP 1: View the Online Information Session
The first step to the application process is to create a prospective student profile on the School of Nursing website and view the online information session for the program. To create your account or to log in to your previously created account, visit our CRNA Prospective Student Portal. The information session is a series of online videos which provide information about the following:
- Application procedures
- Clinical sites
- Fees and financial aid
- Application FAQs
Viewing the online information session is the mandatory first step. If you do not complete the information session, you will be unable to complete the following steps.
STEP 2: Upload Resume and Transcripts for Review
Once you have viewed all modules of the information session, you will have the opportunity to upload copies of your current resume and all transcripts. KPSA will review your uploaded resume and transcripts. After reviewing your documents, KPSA will contact you to let you know your status. If you meet the minimum admission requirements, you will be able to begin the preliminary online application through the CRNA Prospective Student Portal. If you do not meet the minimum admission requirements, you will receive an email letting you know which requirement(s) you do not meet so that you may work to meet those for a future admission cycle.
STEP 3: Submit the Online Application through the CRNA Prospective Student Portal
The online School of Nursing application will be available through the CRNA Prospective Student Portal April 1st - October 31st. If you meet all the admission criteria and have completed Steps 1 and 2 above, preliminary online application will be open to you once your transcripts and resume are reviewed. You will receive notification when the application is available to you. The application must be submitted by October 31st.
The preliminary online application will require applicants to complete/provide the following:
- Online application form
- Personal statement
- Copy of active RN license
- Copy of CCRN (Adult) certification
- Names and contact information for a minimum of three (3) recommenders. We will email the recommenders a unique link that will allow them to submit an online recommendation as part of your application.
STEP 4: Submit Online Application to Cal State Fullerton (Only Completed Upon Invitation from KPSA/CSUF)
Upon invitation to the interview, you will be required to complete the CSUF University application process. Please do not submit the university application unless invited to do so. Since the university application requires a fee, it will save you time and money to wait to submit this until you are invited to continue in the application process.
CSUF University Application and Application Fee:
- Submit the online CSU application for the current admission term. How to access the application, dates the application will be available, and the due date will be provided to you upon invitation to complete the secondary application process.
- Submit the $55 University Application fee online at the time you submit the online CSU application.
- One (1) set of official (sealed) transcripts from all colleges/universities attended submitted in one packet to the School of Nursing where receipt will be verified and transcripts will then be forwarded to the university to complete your university application.
STEP 5: Attend an In-Person Interview Day at KPSA
Applicants invited to complete the university application process will also be invited to complete an in person interview with the KPSA Admissions Committee which includes representatives from KPSA and the CSUF School of Nursing. Interviews are held in February and all details will be provided upon invitation.