Each year, KPSA receives over 400 applications to the program. To be considered for an interview, candidates must meet Kaiser Permanente School of Anesthesia requirements of admission and complete all the required applications for California State University Fullerton School of Nursing and California State University Fullerton.
The following procedures are taken to select students:
- After the application deadline, the Admissions Committee reviews all applicant files.
- The Admissions Committee will review all qualifications of applicants including academic transcripts, work experience, personal achievements (awards, certifications, community service), and written essay.
- The members of the Admission Committee include academic and clinical faculty from CSUF School of Nursing and KPSA, KPSA students, CSUF School of Nursing Admissions Advisor and the Medical director of KPSA.
- Final candidates will be selected for the in-person interview process.
The interview consists of 2 parts:
- Individual interviews before the Admissions Committee.
- Small group interview with 2-3 other applicants before the Admissions Committee.
- During the interview process, applicants are scored on a variety of attributes: the ability to critically think, effectively communicate, professionalism, and the ability to thoroughly answer questions. In addition, the Admissions Committee will review the applicant's academic and clinical background, his/her written essay, leadership abilities, and knowledge regarding the nurse anesthesia profession.
- The candidates with the highest scores are selected for admission to the program.
- Alternates: Alternates are selected by the Admission Committee. In the event that an applicant who is selected for admission into the program resigns before the start date, the faculty from KPSA will select an alternate for admission to the program. The alternate will be notified of their status via telephone from the KPSA Program Director and in written form.
- Student admission will be contingent upon satisfactory completion of CSUF and KPSA background checks, drug screening, and health clearance.
Application opens November 1 and closes November 30
The Kaiser Permanente School of Anesthesia is fully committed to the Equal Opportunity Policy of the parent organization Kaiser Permanente and of California State University Fullerton.